Loving the chance to tell pirate stories with my kids through playing Card Pirates. The island interaction is a basic way of doing this: in the manual it has some plot ideas for what happens when different cards are exchanged.
Here are a few other ideas below, which I’ve incorporated into the rules:
- Queen replaces Ace: X marks the spot: Your first mate finds buried treasure using an old map.
- Jack replaces Ace: Ransacked! Your dastardly crew have ransacked the governors palace, carrying off every ounce of gold, including recently discovered buried treasure.
- King replaces Ace: Ransom: In return for rescuing him from vile kidnappers, the Governor gives you a handsome reward. (Note: you could just hold as hostage on the ship should there be no treasure left in the palace)
- Jack replaces King: Letter of Marque: you take the King card to represent the Governor’s letter and his patronage.
- Queen replaces King: Matrimony: The Governor falls in love with the beautiful pirate maiden and agrees to marry her. You take the King card to represent the Governor’s friendship and allegiance.
- Jack replaces Queen: Stowaway: Tired of boring island life, the Governor’s daughter runs away to join your crew. What will become of her?
Can you think of any other story lines that will fit nicely?